1. Instructor (Direct Support Professional)
The Instructor is a staff member with responsibilities in providing both instruction and support services to adults with intellectual / developmental disabilities who are learning to live as independently as possible in the community. These direct services occur in the home and community of the participant who is accepted into the program. Direct supervision of the Instructor is provided by the Program Manager.
Common shifts at Up and Out include the following:
1. Swing Shifts approximately 1 pm - 9 pm or a variation of an 8 or 9 hour shift in the afternoon
2. Overnight shifts with sleeping hours; typically 17 - 24 hour shifts
3. Rare but occassional day shifts with varying start times
3. Awake Grave shifts (with differential)
Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Direct supervision of program participants
- Ensure community integration for program participants
- Ensure participants' basic needs are met at all times
- Ensure participant medical and health needs are met at all times
- Cooking and cleaning duties
- Basic expenses responsibilies
- Assisting with health and hygiene including toileting, bathing, medications, exercise, activities of daily living, charting/tracking, etc.
- Must be willing to collaborate and work as part of a team
- Experience is preferred, but not required, and training is provided.
- Valid ODL or WDL and decent driving record is necessary for some positions.
2. Program Manager